Emergency Heater Scheme
About the sheme
The Emergency Heating Scheme is offered by The Warm Homes Project at Colchester Borough Council.
The aim of the scheme is to provide temporary heaters where there is a need; and there are no alternative arrangements that can be made.
Am I eligible?
You must be:
- A private home owner or tenant living within the Colchester Borough.
Requiring temporary extra heating due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Heating system has broken down
- Current heating provision is insufficient for health needs
- No suitable alternative heating source
- Health has deteriorated to an extent that more heating is required to prevent a
- There is a maximum of 3 heaters per household
- The heating situation and loan will be reviewed on a monthly basis
- Free delivery and collection
- Delivery available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
(Please note that the Emergency Heater Scheme is only a temporary solution and you must be in the process resolving your heating emergency)
How to Apply
You can apply by via the methods below or you can submit an application online using our form.
If you are in need of Emergency Heating please contact The Warm Homes Project Officer:
8am to 4pm - Monday to Friday (01206 505861)
Outside these hours referral must be made via the Council’s out of hour’s number: (01206 282222)